Ecuadorian Fish Curry
Cuisine: South American
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- Sazon spice blend:
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- Main Dish:
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb white fish fillet (e.g. halibut, cod, etc…)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped into one inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, chopped into one inch pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 orange, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blend spices together.
- Sear white fish on each side for 1 minute and set aside.
- Put oil in hot pan, add garlic and onions, and Sazon spice blend and saute until onions soften.
- Add the green pepper, red pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and cilantro.
- Blend the unsweetened coconut and coconut milk together, and add to mixture.
- Add juice of one orange. Salt and Pepper to taste.