Brazilian Moqueca (Shrimp Soup)
Cuisine: South American
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb gumbo shrimp
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1cups water
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Blend spices together and set aside.
- Heat oil in large pan. Saute garlic and onion for 5 minutes and then add spice blend.
- Add the green bell pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water, and shrimp and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the lime over the mixture. Top with green onions, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.