Italian Tomato Pesto and Spinach Artichoke Pizza
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp crushed chili
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs yeast
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1/1/2 cups water
- Spinach Artichoke Toppings:
- Olive oil
- Artichoke hearts
- Tomato Pesto Toppings:
- Olive Oil
- Fresh basil
- Combine spices and mix together to create Pesto blend. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix yeast, honey, and 1/2 cup water together in a large mixing bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Once mixture begins to foam add 4 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, and 1 cup water.
- Knead for 5 minutes, or until evenly mixed and then transfer to flour-dusted counter.
- Knead with hands for 5 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Divide dough in half and roll into two 12-inch pizzas, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Put pizzas on flour-dusted baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- For Spinach Artichoke Pizza, lightly brush pizza with olive oil and top with mozzarella, artichoke hearts, spinach, feta, and balsamic.
- For Tomato Basil Pizza, lightly brush pizza with olive oil, and top with Pesto Blend, mozzarella, tomato, spinach, and fresh basil.
- Return pizzas to oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Enjoy.