Finnish Summer Soup
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, cut in 1″ pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in 2″ pices
- 2 large carrots, cut in 1″ pieces
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the milk and water in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, carrots, and peas and let simmer until all vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach, green onions, and dill. Thicken with the flour. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Best served with sour cream.